A list ... dedicated to the ladies and gentlemen hailing from Britain that have ruined my life at one point or another...
If you would like to have these picspams on your Tumblr, please click on the link below for the masterpost.
Callum Blue [Actor]
- Favorite Features: He’s just seems adorably down-to-earth and he can sell charm by the buckets through his acting. Also, the facial expressions he can make are enough to make undergarments melt (something about the ways he moves his mouth - *thud*). So … attractive and underrated actor.
- Favorite Quote: “We’re so lucky that we get to make movies and we’re so lucky that we can say something to the audience - make them laugh, make them cry. Say something different in the world, you know, push boundaries; push the world to go forward.”
- Must-See Video: From Dead Like Me, Mason and Daisy hilariously discuss ways to cover up a murder. [x]
Jack Davenport [Actor]
- Favorite Features: His voice is incredibly seductive, holy crap. Yet, at the same time, he is so unbelievably adorkable; it’s amazing.
- Favorite Quote: [about Pirates of the Caribbean] “I came in that day and I saw Johnny in his costume and I was so jealous. He looked so cool, with his bandanna and his hat, and here I am, looking like an ice cream.”
- Must-See Video: From Coupling, Steve tries to explain, at length, all about the men and their relationships with restrooms. [x]
Cary Elwes [Actor]
- Favorite Features: Charm galore. Years and years after his signature roles as Westley and Robin Hood, etc., and I still get excited when I see him on Psych. (Psych, you better have him back again this season!) He also seems like a really nice guy.
- Favorite Quote: “I like historical pieces. History was my favorite subject in school, it was the only subject I excelled in. I love the idea of history and the idea that we may have the opportunity to learn from our past mistakes.”
- Must-See Video: From The Princess Bride, Westley reunites with Buttercup. [x]
Simon Pegg [Actor, Writer]
- Favorite Features: I love this man’s sense of humor. Also, he’s such a proud geek and I love it so much.
- Favorite Quote: “Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”
- Must-See Video: Simon Pegg talks about his meeting Gillian Anderson, his intense love for his dog, and other stuff. [x]
Tom Hiddleston [Actor]
- Favorite Features: Many things as he is my latest British obsession, but notably: his eloquence, his genuine kindness, and his personality/optimism. Inspirational bastard.
- Favorite Quote: “So I suppose my simple advice is: Love your life. I only say that because your life is what you have to give.”
- Must-See Video: Tom Hiddleston, adorable darling that he is, speaks and sings in Italian upon request. This is the clip that won me over. [x]
Muse (Matt Bellamy, Dom Howard, Chris Wolstenholme) [Musical Artists]
- Favorite Features: The voices. Matt has an incredible vocals, as any Muse fan knows, but even Chris has such harmonious vocals that complement Matt’s so well. Awesome. Not to mention they all have crazy skills when it comes to playing their instruments! Their concerts are an explosion of energy! (I can’t wait to see one next year!!)
- Favorite Quote: [Map of the Problematique lyrics] “And no one thinks they are to blame. Why can’t we see that when we bleed, we bleed the same.”
- Must-See Video: Muse performs Hysteria. Glastonbury, UK; 2004 [x]
Mumford & Sons (Marcus Mumford, Country Winston Marshall, Ben Lovett, Ted Dwane) [Musical Artists]
- Favorite Features: Their lyrics are simply stunning. I could choose from 100 and more. Plus, they have a freaking banjo in their songs! I love their rhythm, the build-up in their music. They are wonderful live! They’re awesome.
- Favorite Quote: [Sigh No More lyrics] “Love; it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free. Be more like the man you were made to be.”
- Must-See Video: Mumford and Sons performs Little Lion Man. Hoboken, NJ, US; 2012 [x]
Florence Welch (of Florence and the Machine) [Musical Artist]
- Favorite Features: Her legs go on forever and she stunningly tall. And I’m envious. But on a more serious note, her singing voice! So talented. I also love how she clearly loves performing. She often looks lost in her music.
- Favorite Quote: [Dog Days Are Over lyrics] “Leave all your love and your longing behind; you can’t carry it with you if you want to survive.”
- Must-See Video: Florence performs The Bird Song. Reading, UK; 2009; watch out for her note at 2:32. [x]
Spike, a.k.a. William the Bloody (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) [Fictional Character; Honorable Exception]
- Favorite Features: His character’s humor was definitely one of the best things about him. I also adored his random moments of poignancy. And his smoldering facial expressions. Just … there was a lot to love, okay!
- Favorite Quote: “You’re not friends. You’ll never be friends. You’ll be in love till it kills you both. You’ll fight and you’ll shag and you’ll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you’ll never be friends. Love isn’t brains, children, it’s blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love’s bitch, but at least I’m man enough to admit it.”
- Must-See Video: From Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Spike discusses his feels through song - Rest in Peace. [x]
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) [Fictional Character; Honorable Exception]
- Favorite Features: Um, let’s talk CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, shall we? There has never been such a drastic and yet seamless character development than Wesley. Wesley was also adorkable and insanely smart and dense at the same time and loyal and then betrayed and incredibly rugged and then hardened and callous … there’s too much, okay. He was just pretty damn great.
- Favorite Quote: [after his girlfriend dies] “I’ve been unreasonable, because I’ve lost all reason.”
- Must-See Video: Gah, couldn’t find a scene. But here’s a great fanvid that highlights Wesley’s change. “On My Own” by Viddwhizz. [x]
Please, I welcome you to engage in FEELS and SQUEES talk in the comments if you'd like. ;)